Recipe by breezermom
I love spinach, and have developed quite a fondness for pears lately. This salad was posted by Bonnie Lloyd in the cookbook "June Fete Fare". Cooking time is the time it takes to toast the pecan halves.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 10 ingredients together, preferably with a food processor or blender so that it mixes well. Set the dressing aside.
- Remove and discard the stems from the spinach leaves. Wash spinach, and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the spinach, pears, raisins, and pecans in a large bowl. Pour reserved dressing over salad, and toss gently. Serve immediately.