Recipe by DoriAnni
This is a very tastey, but light salad I put together. Many varieties of pear grown in the Rogue Valley in southern Oregon and I adore them! It makes a great lunch salad for two or a salad course for three or four.
Top Review by kindcook
This salad was delicious! The pears and orange juice dressing make the spinach taste so good;) We had company and when I made the salads (I put them in bowls to get more spinach) they looked absolutely beautiful. Everyone who tried the salad liked it. I had it two times in one day, and the second time I just put orange juice on it and it tasted the same to me. Well Dori C, you sure have a talent for coming up with recipes. Thanks for sharing them.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 ripe pear
- 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry, and arrange nice sized pieces of spinach on salad plates.
- Core pear.
- If there are any brown spots on the fruit, cut them off.
- Slice ripe pear into thin slices cut from top to bottom of the fruit.
- Arrange pear on spinach.
- Divide the toasted walnuts evenly among the plates.
- Top salad with a few, well placed, broad curls of the parmesean.
- Quickly whisk together orange juice and olive oil, gently spoon over dressing and serve.