Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from Bobby Flay. This is a wonderful salad. Serve it with Mesa Grill's Pumpkin Soup With Mexican Cinnamon Creme Fraiche for a fantastic fall meal.
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced or 4 ounces bacon
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 bosc pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Saute pancetta or bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings out.
- Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add vinegar, mustard and thyme, whisk to blend.
- Add oil and whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
- Combine spinach, pears, red onion and pancetta in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.