Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have been making this recipe for several years using the Ron Popiel Pasta and Sausage making Machine and it always turned out just great.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (use the measuring cup that is provided with the pasta machine)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
- TO PREPARE SPINACH.
- Using a microwave-proof dish, add spinach and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook on HIGH (full power) for 2 minutes.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- In a food processor or blender, add cooked spinach and 1/4 cup of reserved liquid and puree' until smooth.
- TO MAKE PASTA.
- Using a pasta machine, add flour, 1/4 cup prepared spinach and salt.
- Lock cover in place, press swith to start and mix for 1 minute.
- Add olive oil into a standard measuring cup, add egg and whisk until egg and olive oil are incorporated.
- If necessary, add reserved spinach liquid or warm water to the 1/2 line and mix again.
- Pour mixture into pasta machine and mix until smooth.
- Adjust texture of pasta mix so that it is not too wet or not too dry.
- Install your choice of extruder (linguini, fettucine or pasta).
- Reverse switch and start extruding.
- Pasta should extrude smoothly.
- Cut pasta to desired lengths.
- Sprinkle with semolina flour so that pasta does not stick together.
- Cook in boiling salted water for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of sauces.
- You can also prepare carrots or red beets, cook and then puree' in a food processor or blender and use the same amount of puree' as the spinach recipe.
AMAZING! My family loves it and its super easy to make! Great way to save money on dinner!
Totally awesome low carb pasta. I used it to make lasagna with ground beef, pork and chicken livers. My only problem was that it dried out so fast that some of it broke apart in pasta machine. How do you get around that?