Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful and light pasta salad. I serve in a bowl lined with fresh spinach leaves. I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta or 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked,drained,and rinsed
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- In a blender combine spinach, basil, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and water, cover and blend until nearly smooth and mixture is a paste.
- Add mayo to the spinach mixture.
- Add to pasta and toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 4 hours covered.
- Can be made the day before.
This is a taste sensation! We had a few friends around for a barbecue last night and I made this pasta salad, it was extremely popular. I gave the recipe out to a couple of my girlfriends and they were almost shocked that Id made the 'pesto' myself! cheeky eh! Great garlic flavour too, A good grinding of black ground pepper was the only extra addition, thanks for sharing.
This recipe was incredible and was a huge hit at the BBQ - everyone was fighting over the leftovers! Very tasty - highly recommended.