Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is another American Profile recipe. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds wonderful. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Blend olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, and black pepper in a food processor until combined very well.
- Add basil mixture to pasta and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix Parmesan and mayonnaise with pasta and toss in spinach.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Wow, the garlic really comes through in this salad! But that's ok, we like garlic. Very nice dish. :)
This is a very good pasta salad. I liked the mixture of spinach, basil, garlic, and mayo. It was a little on the salty side and I think next time I would cut back on the amount of the parmesan cheese. But I will definitely make it again. Thank you Lacy for posting this recipe!