Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something different with pasta, from B H & G low cal
Make and share this Spinach Pasta Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces spaghetti or 6 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh spinach or 5 ounces packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions.
- Return to the hot Dutch oven.
- Add margarine or butter, toss till melted.
- Add 1 egg and parmesan cheese, toss till coated.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7 to 10 minutes or til set.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop fresh spinach.
- In a medium saucepan cook spinach, covered with just the water that clings to the leaves about 2 minutes or till steam forms.
- Reduce heat and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or till tender, stirring frequently.
- Or cook frozen spinach according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Stir in green onion and parsley.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese and 2 eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed till combined.
- Stir in spinach mixture, skim milk, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pasta shell.
- Cover shell edge with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or til knife inserted near centre comes out clean, let stand 10 minutes.