Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
from angelfire.com.UPDATE:1-13-09 made last night and hubby loved it,said it had nice flavors that blended well together. I sprinkled some italian seasoning in the ricotta mixture and i also sauted some mushrooms to layer with everything else but i forgot about them and ended up putting them on the top at the end and that actually worked really well.lol I used a 8x8 casserole dish.UPDATE 2-18-09: made this again and added some cooked chicken to the mix and it was great. I sprinkled the chicken with italian seasoning and grilled it on the george foreman. excellent!
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 4 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups reduced-calorie tomato sauce
- 5 cups rotini pasta or 5 cups rigatoni pasta or 5 cups mostaccioli pasta
- 1 cup raw spinach
- Cook noodles until slightly under done. In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. In an oven safe dish layer pasta, cheese, spinach and sauce until all ingredients are used. Save a small amount of mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on the top. Layer ingredients 2 to 3 times depending on the size of the dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375º for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 8 one cup servings.
- Per Serving: Calories -- 126 Fat -- 2 g Carbs -- 18 g Sodium -- 291 mg Fiber -- 1.2 g.
- Diabetic Exchange: 1 meat (medium) + 1 carbohydrate.
Really good dish! I would even add more spinach and maybe some sauteed mushrooms or any other veggies that sound good at the time. I like your idea about the chicken too! I stirred the pasta and ricotta mixture together because I was having problems layering it! Then I topped the whole thing with the spinach, sauce and mozzarella and it turned out great! The only thing is that it worked out to 5 points per serving. I had low fat ricotta instead of fat-free, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference. I also used high fibre white pasta. I am not complaining about the points! The size of the serving is great for lunch and 5 points for this isn't bad at all! Made for My 3 Chefs. Thanks! :)
Just made this tonight. Loved it. The only problem I have is that I wasn't too clear on the layering instructions.. so my layers were awkward and didn't mix well, they were still just stuff laying on top of each other. I will have to play around and find a good way to get everything mixed better.