Recipe by Bill Woodward
A quick, healthy vegetarian pasta casserole
Top Review by Sharon123
This was easy to make and went toghether quickly. I loved the taste of the capers! I took this over and my grandson had some(2 yr. old) and kept making mmmmmmm sounds! Thank you Bill. I'm glad I chose to adopt you for the Pick a Chef game!
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 (20 ounce) can garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Meanwhile, heat spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and capers.
- Once the sauce is bubbling, add spinach and cook until soft.
- Drain the pasta and palce in a greased 9x13 pan. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix to combine. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted.