Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A low fat recipe I use often from the Femina book of International Cuisine. A combo of Indo-Italian. And very good.
- 1 (400 g) packet pasta
- 15 ml oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons oil (I use less)
- 2 teaspoons ginger and green chili paste
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach, washed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 red capsicums, cut into long thin strips
- 2 carrots, cubed fine
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 vegetable stock cube (you can use a non-veg cube if you like)
- cheddar cheese, grated acc. (optional)
- Boil the pasta in plenty of water with salt to taste and 1 tblsp oil When the pasta is tender remover from heat and drain.
- Steam the spinach without adding water for 2 mins.
- When cool churn in a mixer and obtain a smooth puree.
- Heat butter/oil in a wok/ kadhai.
- Add onion and fry till translucent Add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Add the stock cube and stir well Add spinach paste and garam masala powder (mixed spice- cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns- powders) Mix well.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Add capsicum and carrot and mix with the pasta.
- Spread in a greased oven-proof dish and bake for 5 mins.
- (You can top with cheddar cheese if you like) Serve hot garnish with tomatoes (cut the skin of the tomatoes thinly in a long strip, without breaking it, and curl it to resemble a rose).