1/1 Photo of Spinach Pasta
Red Hook's Note:
Just one version. I don't use a pasta machine but you can if you want. There are lots of variations for differently colored pastas, this one is a rich green and has lots of spinach in it to sneak veggies into the kids. Raviolis take more time. Times listed are for fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw out the spinach in hot water and squeeze dry using a towel.
- 2Finely chop the spinach, or better, put it in a blender or Magic Bullet or whatever you have with the eggs and salt. Blend well.
- 3Pour flour on the counter and make a large well in the center.
- 4Pour spinach/egg mixture in the well.
- 5Start mixing with your fingers bit by bit, until all flour is worked inches.
- 6After all flour is incorporated, knead NO SHORTER THAN 10 minutes to elastic and smooth. Use LOTS of flour if necessary to prevent dough from sticking. It should be dry but not crumbly in any way. Sort of vaguely moist.
- 7Cut dough in half, wrap one half in plastic wrap and set aside.
- 8Roll out dough to 1/16" thick, turning and stretching. It needs to be thin, because it doubles in thickness when cooked.
- 9Use a cookie cutter to cut fettucini, or use a 4" round cutter to make ravioli, or whatever you want.
- 10Separate and lay on racks to dry for one hour, or use fresh. If doing ravioli, mix up the stuff and put 1/2t filling in and press closed, then dry. You can freeze these too, put wire rack in freezer and freeze one hour, then put in a bag to finish freezing. *They WILL stick together unless you do this*.
- 11When you go to cook these, cook in LARGE pot FULL of super boiling water with a lid on for 3 minutes if fresh (until they rise to the surface) or 7-8 minutes (they will rise) if frozen.
- 12YUM! Eat them! Make great gifts!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g