Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Family Circle magazine. You can make mini loaves, standard muffins, or mini muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (packed 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray bottoms of 3 mini loaf pans (5-1/2x3 inches).
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil until blended; stir in spinach.
- Make a well in the flour mixture; pour in egg mixture. Fold or stir gently until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon 1 cup batter into each mini loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan over each loaf.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pans to wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pans; cool on rack.
- NOTE: For muffins, coat bottoms of muffin pans with cooking spray or line with muffin-cup liners. For 12 standard muffins, spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For 36 mini muffins, prepare 3 mini muffin pans. Spoon 1 slighty rounded tablespoon batter into each cup. Bake for 15 minutes.
I liked these DD didn't care for them so I averaged our ratings. I think they'd be good spread with some garlic butter and served with pasta