Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The spinach makes a pattern throughout the loaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (half of a 10 oz. pkg.)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed saltine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg (a pinch)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly sprayed 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake about 1 hour, until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand in pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove loaf from the pan; slice to serve.
- Garnish with black olives, if desired.
This has become a family favorite at my house. It is wonderfully flavorful, always moist (but not too moist) and easy to prepare.