Recipe by SueVM
This recipe comes from "Taste of Home" cooking magazine. It makes a tasty lunch or a light supper dish.
Top Review by MarlaM
We all liked this. I was a little concerned when I added the spinach to the chicken broth and it soaked up all of the liquid. It seemed like it might be a little dry, so I added a spash of white wine. Once I added the spinach mixture to the pasta, DD commented that it didn't look "moist" enough. It really doesn't make a sauce, like we are use to having, but it still had a great flavor. DD actually went back for seconds! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (16 ounce) packet linguine
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained of the liquid
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to the packet directions.
- In a saucepan over medium-heat bring the chicken broth to a boil, add onion and garlic. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain the linguine and place in a serving bowl. Add the sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses; toss to coat.