Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
quick and easy
Make and share this Spinach-Parmesan Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add broth and spinach; cook until spinach thaws, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
I scaled this back for 2 serves which as side was just enough for 3 of us. I used young fresh silverbeet fresh from the garden (1 1/2oz finely shredded) and allowed extra chicken stock to compensate for the liquid that would come from the frozen spinach, I used 1 cup but in reality should have only used 3/4 as my couscous ended up a bit soggy otherwise made as directed and was enjoyed with our Oven Roasted Salmon With Balsamic Sauce. Thank you KittyKitty, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
Very mild in flavor. I liked it. DH did not care for it.
Really good recipe and fast too. I have children that always turn up their nose when we have couscous. I'm proud to say that I have converted one of them. A fast and unique side dish. Many thanks!!!