Recipe by ebbtide
This delicious dish is another find from the Greer Now magazine. Very easy to prepare and a real highlight to any meal.
Top Review by Love2Cook #6
This was very easy to prepare and tasted great. My husband would not normally eat spinach but he had second helpings! I was amazed. It was very salty but I may have accidentally added more salt. Will definitely make it again.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and suate onions until tender. Add spinach and water and cook until wilted. Drain well, insuring that all water is removed.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Add seasonings, then stir in the spinach mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole container and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until top browns.