Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy and delicious pasta that vegetarians and carnivores alike love. You can also divide the pasta into serving plates after step three, and instead of mixing the yolks etc. you can put them into little piles on the pasta - looks very pretty. Original recipe is from Conrad Gallagher's "In 3 easy Steps" cookbook.
- 500 g dried pappardelle pasta or 500 g other long pasta
- 50 g butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 300 ml chicken stock or 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, leaves only chopped
- 10 large spinach leaves, julianned
- Cook pappardelle until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the butter in the pan and saute the shallots and garlic until soft. Add the wine and bring to boil, simmer until reduced to half. Then add chicken stock and reduce to half again.
- Add mustard, cream and the pasta, and simmer for couple of minutes. Season.
- Add the egg yolks, spinach, parmesan and parsley and mix.
- Serve immediately.
Creamy and rich. Very good. I added a little more wine because my dish got a little dry. I used more spinach than indicated. Very good side dish. I will use this again. Thank you.
I love this! I made this for a side dish for dinner tonight and I was lucky enough to get a taste of it, my DH and DS devoured it as soon as I placed it on the table, I did a few amount adjustments just to suit our tastes, this will be going on regular rotation at my house, this is a really great dish and I thank you for sharing kolibri!...Kitten :)