Creamy and delicious pasta that vegetarians and carnivores alike love. You can also divide the pasta into serving plates after step three, and instead of mixing the yolks etc. you can put them into little piles on the pasta - looks very pretty. Original recipe is from Conrad Gallagher's "In 3 easy Steps" cookbook.
- 500 g dried pappardelle pasta or 500 g other long pasta
- 50 g butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 300 ml chicken stock or 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, leaves only chopped
- 10 large spinach leaves, julianned
- Cook pappardelle until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the butter in the pan and saute the shallots and garlic until soft. Add the wine and bring to boil, simmer until reduced to half. Then add chicken stock and reduce to half again.
- Add mustard, cream and the pasta, and simmer for couple of minutes. Season.
- Add the egg yolks, spinach, parmesan and parsley and mix.
- Serve immediately.