Recipe by Nancy Gould
This is a quick easy dish that's a nice change from lasagna that goes well with a side salad.
Top Review by DebaRooRoo
Very tasty! As is, I give the recipe a 4 out of 5. Next time I will saute the spinach with some garlic and onions and add the cottage cheese right before I take the mixture off the heat. I think that extra step recommended by other reviewers will give it that extra bit of depth and make the recipe 5 stars! Also, used just over a 1/2 cup of raw orzo and the crust was great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw orzo pasta
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jarchunky spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to directions and drain.
- Combine eggs, orzo, 1/2 c spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9" deep pie plate. The "crust" will be thick.
- Spread orzo mixture over pie plate and up the sides.
- Cook spinach and drain.
- In another bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese and nutmeg.
- Spoon into pie plate.
- Spread remaining sauce over top.
- Cover the edge of the pie plate with foil.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.