Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy side dish, it goes great with chicken breasts or pork tenderloin.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Boil orzo until tender. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Toast garlic, add spinach and onion powder. Cook through and remove from heat.
- Mix orzo, spinach, parmesean cheese, and juice of 1 lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fixed this last night with Sole Provencal#408567 and a green salald with Auntie Ann's Lip Smackin' Homemade French Dressing - Longmeadow#284322. What a wonderful dinner. I cut the recipe in half and used fresh spinach and about 2 Tbls. fresh minced onion instead of the onion powder and sauteed them with the fresh garlic. Then I added the mixture to the cooked orzo. Yummo! Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game 2010.