Recipe by Nyteglori
Although it sounds a bit odd, it is delicious. This recipe can easily be divided by three to serve 4 instead of 12. My mother gave me this recipe but I only use 1/2 c of oil instead of 1 1/2 cups.
Top Review by ellie_
Delish! I cut this recipe way down to serve just the three of us with leftovers for lunches but used all the ingredients (just in varying amounts), except for using a naval orange instead of the mandarin. I also cut down the olive oil substancially (using only about 1/4 or so making half the recipe) and skipped the blue cheese (however I may add the blue cheese for a work lunch). Thanks for sharing this keeper which is open to so many possibilities!
- 12 cups spinach, washed and drained
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups mandarin oranges
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, place salt, pepper, mustard and a few drops of oil into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gradully add vinegar, oil, and orange concentrating - whisk until smooth.
- Put all salad ingredients in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve with blue cheese sprinkles.