Recipe by Ninna
My friend Carol served this salad with dinner and I asked her for the recipe. It has become a favourite.
- 250 g Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 2 oranges, cut into segments with no pith
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled I use short cuts and remove all fat
- 2 shallots, green parts cut in 1 cm diagonal pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried I use more if using fresh
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I use a salad spinner to wash spinach because the small leaves stick together if not died well.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a serving bowl or arrange on a platter.
- Make up dressing and shake in a jar, then toss with salad if in a bowl or dribble dressing over salad if serving on a platter.