Recipe by Cheftiggs
This is a good way to eat spinach and I eat this salad almost everyday!!
Top Review by s c
Very Good! Another version uses sliced red onion instead of Frenchs onions & walnuts instead of pine nuts. You could use one of the bottled vinegarette dressings. Either way its a pretty presentation & good for you.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof pre-washed spinach leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) container mandarin orange sections (drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) canof durkee's original French-fried onions
- 1 -2 cup sliced white mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- If you want to you can add sliced chicken or meat to this and make it a meal and salad together, I particulary like roasted chicken.
- Place spinach in big bowl.
- Add Mandarian Orange slices.
- Add mushrooms.
- For the dressing:.
- In a screw top jar with a lid, place oil,lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Shake until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach salad and mix well being sure not to break the oranges, sprinkle the French Fried Onions on top and mix a little more. Add the pinenuts.
- For an added kick sprinkle a little more French Fried Onion son top before serving.