Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe Brought to you by FoodFit. Talk about a simple salad!!
For the vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
For the salad
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 orange, peeled and sectioned
- For the vinaigrette:
- Place all the ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Transfer the dressed spinach leaves to a serving plate. Arrange the orange sections on top and sprinkle with the almonds.