Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Of course you can use butter for cooking the onions and regular sour cream if you don't mind the extra fat and calories.
- 3 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 ounces non-fat cooking spray
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed (water squeezed out)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Saute onions in cooking spray until limp and golden; cool slightly.
- In a blender combine sour cream and eggs until well mixed.
- Add the last six ingredients of the recipe; stir to mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until the edges are slightly browned.
This was SUPER easy.
I made this twice last week. Very tasty! I did use Light Sour Cream instead of fat free and omitted the flour. Also used 2 T horseradish because we love it. It was great!
Fantastic AND low in fat! It's a yummy and unique side dish. I loved the little kick from the horseradish. I diced my onions instead of slicing them and I used reduced-fat sour cream. I'll be making this again. Thanx!