Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Unbelievably delicious breakfast or brunch quiche that works with Weight Watchers. Cut the pie in 6 slices for a large serving that is only 6 points, or cut it in 8 slices to reduce your points per serving to 4!
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell (I look for the one with the least amount of fat%)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (I use a 4 cheese blend of monterey jack, cheddar, colby and mozzerella(use any combination or single)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place a cookie sheet in the oven to heat. Remove the frozen pie crust from the freezer and let it stand while you prepare the contents.
- To make filling, heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add baby spinach to onions in skillet and stir until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs and egg whites, whisk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend the milk, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Add the eggs and blend again. Fold in the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- Fill the bottom of the pie crust with the onions and spinach, spread as evenly as possible. Pour the filling mixture on top of the onions and spinach. Place quiche on the pre-heated cookie sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. 8 slices will yield 4 points per serving; for a more filling meal, cut into six slices for 6 points per serving.
- NOTE: I have added canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered. Use your imagination for combinations and/or substitutions. Enjoy!