Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Day 9: Breakfast, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can save the egg yolks for other recipes, by freezing them in ice cube trays. Be sure to have a decent amount of heat going for cooking the omelette! This breakfast is to be followed by a mid-morning snack of 200g watermelon.
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- cooking spray
- 30 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon low-fat ricotta
- Whisk egg, egg whites, and onion in a small jug.
- Spray small frying pan with cooking oil; heat pan. Pour egg mixyure into pan; cook, tilting pan, until mixture is almost set. Sprinkle spinach and mint over half the omelette; fold omelette over to enclose filling, then cut in half.
- Spread toast with cheese, serve with omelette.