1/1 Photo of Spinach, Olive and Chilli Tomato Sauce for Pasta
A good recipe when you're watching your weight. It's still got loads of flavour though,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 1/2 cups ripe tomatoes (you could use canned)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 small chile, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I use 1 tablespoon fresh)
- black pepper
- 40 g kalamata olives, pits removed and chopped
- 2 cups spinach (wash well and remove the tough stems)
- 1Heat the oil and cook the garlic and onion gently until the onion is transparent.
- 2Add the tomatoes, paste, chillies, herbs and pepper and heat stirring until the tomatoes soften and release their juices.
- 3Add the olives, and heat until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- 4Stir through the spinach until warmed through.
- 5Serve over any pasta you enjoy.
- 6I sometimes add maybe 200g of chicken breast strips at the stage where you fry the onions.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Olive and Chilli Tomato Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g