Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great combination of flavors.
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded,deveined and diced
- 2 cups spinach, cooked,squeezed of moisture
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped (walnuts, pecans, cashews your choice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (whole wheat crumbs are best)
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet heat the oil and saute the onion until translucent apprx 3 minutes Add celery& green pepper for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the spinach and remaining ingredients, (except the wheatgerm).
- Oil a 1 quart ring mold, sprinkle with the wheatgwerm so it evenly coats the bottom.
- Pour in the spinach mixture.
- Set mold in a pan of hot water& bake for apprx 40 minutes or until cooked.