Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
For our picky toddlers, its quick and freeze ahead friendly!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, drained, and chopped further if needed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (3/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup wheat germ or flax meal is a healthy substitution!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs or 5 egg yolks
- Heat oven to 375F.
- 1. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- 2. Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. *Add seasonings if you like - garlic powder, pepper, extra basil & oregano for example. Add a fruit or veggie puree to substitute for the eggs if desired.
- 3. Shape mixture into nuggets or fun shapes such as squares or squigglies etc.and place on baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turn nuggets over after 15 minutes. Serve warm
- You can "roll" this out and then try using small cookie cutters to make these into fun shapes!
Excellent with such a simple flavor yet so good. You could add all kinds of different things to these delicious little nuggets. We used a sweet and sour sauce to dip them in but I think hot mustard or any other dipping sauce would only add to the flavors. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014