1/1 Photo of Spinach Nuggets
Motivated Mama's Note:
This is a very easy, very healthy and very yummy recipe from wholesometoddlerfood.com. It's great for kids but I have been asked to make it for adult social events. It shocks people because it is so healthy yet looks and tastes "unhealthy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, cooked drained and chopped if needed
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (if you don't have these things add 1/4 cup more bread crumbs) or 1/4 cup wheat germ (if you don't have these things add 1/4 cup more bread crumbs)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (you could also try cheddar flavored with sundried tomatoes and basil)
- 3 eggs
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Lightly coat baking sheet with oil or use a non-stick mini muffin pan.
- 3Combine all ingredients well.
- 4Shape into nuggets or spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Turn nuggets over after 15 minutes).
- 5Serve with Ranch Dressing for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g