Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious way to get your family to eat and enjoy spinach.
Make and share this Spinach Noodle Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 packages frozen creamed spinach, cook according to directions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- dry breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- Saute onions until golden in 1/2 stick of butter.
- Toss in garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain noodles and toss with the other 1/2 stick of butter and blend with the spinach, sour cream, sauteed onions and eggs.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
I really liked this recipe. I would have given it 5 stars except the recipe didn't include how long to cook the dish, and I made a couple of pretty major changes. I don't think I would have liked it quite as much as written. I followed the spirit of the recipe, cutting it in half except for the garlic and sour cream. I didn't think it needed creamed spinach with the sour cream, so I used frozen chopped spinach. I also left out the butter completely, sauteing the onions in 1 tsp of light olive oil and throwing in the pasta noodles without any added fat. I baked for about 35 minutes. Wonderful way to get both your veggies and starch in one dish.
This was very tasty! I skipped the butter completely, cooking the onions & garlic for 1 min in the microwave and leaving it out of the final mixture as well (just seemed unnecessary to me). Otherwise followed the recipe. Used an 8x8 casserole and baked for 45 minutes. Thanks for posting!