Recipe by Babybub
I've loved this since I was a kid. Creamy, delicious spinach. I crave this all the time. It's a comfort food for me.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Yummy, yummy. Creamed spinach! Can't get enough! Oh, instead of onion powder, I decided to use dried onion. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Babybub. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 5/11.....Just had again, and did make a change this time. The Executive Chef at the original MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas gave me a hint as to how he made his creamed spinach. He told me to first "burn" the butter. And he said absolutely to burn it. And that's what I did! It gives it a different taste all together!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sour cream, heaping
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to directions and drain well.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour and milk; stir until thick. This is now referred to as white sauce.
- Combine white sauce, sour cream, onion powder, bouillon and salt.
- Combine with spinach and place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Note: I sometimes sprinkle the top with grated mozzarella or Parmesan. Also, This may be too much onion powder for your tastes. Adjust according to preference.