Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've loved this since I was a kid. Creamy, delicious spinach. I crave this all the time. It's a comfort food for me.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sour cream, heaping
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Cook spinach according to directions and drain well.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour and milk; stir until thick. This is now referred to as white sauce.
- Combine white sauce, sour cream, onion powder, bouillon and salt.
- Combine with spinach and place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Note: I sometimes sprinkle the top with grated mozzarella or Parmesan. Also, This may be too much onion powder for your tastes. Adjust according to preference.
Yummy, yummy. Creamed spinach! Can't get enough! Oh, instead of onion powder, I decided to use dried onion. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Babybub. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 5/11.....Just had again, and did make a change this time. The Executive Chef at the original MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas gave me a hint as to how he made his creamed spinach. He told me to first "burn" the butter. And he said absolutely to burn it. And that's what I did! It gives it a different taste all together!