Recipe by Bergy
Nice way to serve spinach and so good for you! The secret is not to overcook the spinach. I like to add a few roasted pine nuts or pumkin seeds with a nice jolt of Marsala wine. I love to serve this recipe with Ginger Yogurt Sauce. Just spoon the sauce over the spinach when it is on the plate MMMmm
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- When it is hot but not smoking add onions.
- Saute, stirring constantly, until the onion is carmelized, about 15 min let some of the onion get quite dark and crisp.
- Add spinach, but only for a minute or two, stir until just wilted.
- Add lemon juice and salt& pepper.