Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is a little rich, so I suggest to serve this salad as a main meal only, you can add in some cooked chicken breast, shrimp or sliced hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with bacon bits. This salad is better than any you will get at a restaurant, if you are a salad lover, you will love this! To make things easier purchase a package of fresh ready-to-use spinach.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach leaves (washed and spun dry, stems discarded)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- parmesan cheese
- crouton (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (yolks mashed and whites finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper
- For the dressing, in a blender or food processor blend the yolks, vinegar, Dijon and olive oil until smooth and emulsified.
- Stir in the finely chopped egg whites, shallots and finely chopped tarragon leaves; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the spinach leaves on a platter.
- Top with onion slices and sliced mushrooms.
- Spoon the prepared dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.