Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach leaves, fresh
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, large,fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut oil
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons mustard, prepared
- 1 clove garlic, peeled,halved
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp,drained and crumbled
- Trim off and discard tough stems and bruised spinach leaves.
- Drain, wrap in damp paper toweling, and refrigerate until ready to use, at least several hours.
- When ready to use, spinach will be dry and crisp.
- Trim and slice mushrooms diagonally.
- Place in nonmetal bowl, add lemon juice, and toss to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine remaining ingredients except crumbled bacon.
- Beat until blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat dressing just before using.
- To serve, combine spinach leaves, mushrooms, and dressing, add crumbled bacon, and serve at once.
Very tasty salad, easy to make -- was a hit with my family (older children). Younger ones weren't so fond of it.