We have family pizza night every Friday; which always consists of a homemade pepperoni pizza for the 3 youngest and a specialty pizza for the oldest in the family. This was a delicious addition to our pizza rotation, and would also taste great with a bit of crispy proscuitto crumbled on top! I use Sicilian Pizza Dough for the crust, but use 1 cup of white whole wheat flour in the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Preheat 1 T of of olive oil in a pan, and gently sautee the onions and mushrooms until al dente. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt to help remove liquid from the mushrooms.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of dough and evenly spread over dough. Top with mozzarella, spinach, and then top with the mushrooms and onion mixture.
- Crumble goat cheese on top and then lightly drizzle with more olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If desired sprinkle small amount of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top.
- Bake in middle of the oven for 15 minutes until crust is cooked.