Love mushrooms, love pasta, love spinach. Need I say more?
Make and share this Spinach & Mushroom Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces rotini noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cups mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced (oyster, shiitake, cemini, portobello etc...)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed well & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In large non-stick pan over med-high heat, cook garlic, onion& thyme in oil for about a minute.
- Add mushrooms, cook about 8 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms begin to brown& their juices begin to run.
- Sprinkle with flour& stir about one minute, then slowly begin to add the milk, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the spinach, basil, salt& pepper& cook until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta& grate fresh parmesan cheese over individual servings.