Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sunset magazine September 2008....
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 cups spinach, lightly packed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil 2 qts. water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk and heat until boiling, stirring often. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over pasta. Sprinkle with chives and serve with parmesan on the side.
This was very tasty and a great way to get your greens. To add a little spice, I served it with hot turkey Italian sausages. I had the whole dish on the table in less than 30 minutes - perfect for a busy weeknight. Thanks for sharing.