Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hubby and I took a weekend away and I tried this omelet and really enjoyed it. When we got back I started making it for my husband who has been enjoying it ever since
- 2 eggs (beaten) or 2 egg whites, if preferred (beaten)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushroom pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon feta cheese
- Heat oil in a small skillet on med heat.
- add spinach and mushrooms, sauté until spinach is wilted but a bright green color and mushrooms are warmed all the way through
- Add eggs. cook until eggs are firm, can flip to make sure the eggs are cooked all the way through.
- Add feta cheese, fold in half and serve.
this was delicious! I used egg whites to cut cholesterol, and added a few onions. will definitely make again. great source of protein and iron.