Recipe by Vittoria2008
This is a tasty vegan lasagna, and you won't even miss the cheese! The original recipe came from Compassionate Cooks, but I add a carton of mushrooms to mine!
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb soft tofu
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil, minced (I just use a few good handfuls of dried italian seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups tomato sauce (I also add a can of italian seasoned, diced tomatoes)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the noodles until cooked.
- Saute mushrooms until tender. I saute them in a little water to keep it low fat, but you could certainly use oil.
- Place the tofu, sugar, soymilk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil, and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl, and stir in the spinach. (make sure the spinach is drained!).
- Cover the bottom of a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of noodles. Follow with half of the tofu filling. Continue in the same order, using half of the remaining tomato sauce and noodles and all of the remaining tofu filling. End with the noodles, covered by the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.