Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Starbucks Copycat. (using a basic pizza dough recipe from foodnetwork) You could probably also use store bought pizza dough to save time. NO IDEA WHY THIS IS 2000 CALORIES! :(
- flour, for rolling dough
- 1⁄2 recipe basic pizza dough
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 grinds black pepper
- coarse cornmeal, for dusting baking sheet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water, about 110 degrees F
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Basic Pizza Dough:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together yeast, warm water, sugar, oregano, and olive oil. Let sit for about 3 minutes to fully dissolve and activate the yeast.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- With a rubber spatula, gradually mix the yeast mixture into the flour until just combined and dough barely holds together. Turn the dough out onto a clean counter surface dusted with flour.
- Knead the dough with flour-dusted hands until the dough has become smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. The surface should be tight and silky and bounce back slightly when pressed. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Once doubled, punch the dough down and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Knead each 1 slightly to form a uniform ball. Set aside and cover them with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly dust the work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll the dough out into an 8 by 11-inch oval.
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are softened (about 4-6 minutes).
- Add egg beaters and cook until eggs are no longer runny.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spinach, ricotta, feta and egg/mushroom mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place all the filling in the center of the dough leaving a 1-inch border along the edge.
- Fold each corner over to the center. Forming a square.
- Place the calzone on a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal and brush the top with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown and the center is hot and melted, 20-25 minutes, rotating midway through cooking.