1/1 Photo of Spinach Mushroom Couscous
This is a healthy one dish meal that can be made in 30 minutes. Can use regular couscous, but I prefer the whole grain variety for this dish because it has great texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1Bring broth, salt, and 1 teaspoon oil to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Stir in couscous. Cover.
- 3Remove from heat; let stand at least 5 minutes.
- 4Heat 12-inch skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- 5Add mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes.
- 6Add spinach and toss well to coat leaves with oil. Saute 5 minutes.
- 7When the leaves are wilted, remove skillet from heat. Add prepared couscous, olives, cheese, lemon juice, pepper, and cilantro.
- 8Mix well and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Mushroom Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 877.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous