Recipe by Sandylee
"THE BEST" I ever had. The filling for this bread is SO GOOD, you will be incorporating it in another recipe for sure. Use it in rolls, a filling for mini biscuit cups, a stuffed chop or chicken pocket, pizza topping. How about a filling for those large pasta shells? A layer in a veggie lasagne? If you create something....send it my way....I just love spinach, mushrooms and provolone. NOTE: It looks like a lot of ingredients, but its mostly seasonings we all have on hand. Read the instructions and breathe a sigh of relief.
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 green peppers or 1⁄2 italian pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms or 2 ounces sauteed fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed in microwave
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of crushed crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Ingredients do not have to be precise.
- Use much or use little, its too your taste.
- Saute peppers, then onions in olive oil and butter.
- Add mushrooms and fresh garlic.
- Add spinach and spices and cook a minute or two.
- Add more olive oil if it looks too dry.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Roll out pizza dough to a thin rectangle shape.
- Spread out cooked mixture all over.
- Add cheeses on top.
- Roll jelly roll style; seal ends and seams well.
- Place seam side down on cookie sheet, prepared with a light coat of oil and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 mins or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool on cookie sheet.