Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
This is an altered version of a flank steak recipe from the Betty Crocker Cook book. I serve mine with my red potato recipe, (Seasoned Baked Red Potatoes) and Hollandaise Sauce.
Top Review by Debilyn_Ks
Very good! I used a skirt steak. I did get some of the bacon a little to crisp. Next time I will cook it in the microwave in covered dish. I didn't use the Hollandaise or Bearnaise Sauce. I sprinkled garlic powder on the steak with the s&p. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon, cooked until done, but not crisp
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly score steak with a knife in a diamond pattern.
- Make sure that you do not cut through the meat.
- With a meat mallet, pound steak into a rectangle, as large as possible.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange bacon lengthwise on steak.
- Spread spinach over bacon.
- Top spinach with mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Roll up steak from short side.
- This will give you a long stuffed flank steak.
- Secure with toothpicks in 1-inch sections, starting 1/2 inch from one side.
- Cut between picks into 8 or more slices.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Broil other side, until medium doneness.
- Serve with Hollandaise Sauce or Bearnaise Sauce (I buy the envelope kind from the grocery store.).