Recipe by chia
delicious! emeril's recipe adapted, from food tv
Top Review by yooper
This is a wonderful, filling casserole Chia! I just started a low carb diet, and am serching for new ways to cook vegetables. This one sure fit the bill! I only strayed from the recipe by omitting the bread crumbs and adding more cheese. I thought this would make a nice side dish, but it's so hearty and filling I ate this as a main dish! Thanks for posting this!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 20 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can artichoke, drained and quartered
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease 13x 9 x 2 pan.
- in skillet heat butter, onions, garlic, saute, add mushrooms, cook til soft, remove from heat put in bowl, add spinach, artichokes, cheeses, mushrooms, mix.
- mix eggs w/nutmeg in small bowl, add to mix.
- Place in casserole dish, sprinkle w/breadcrumbs.
- sprinkle w/parm cheese, bake 45-50 minutes.