Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 'The Weekly' newspaper - a healthy side dish!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into half inch squares
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- In a non-stick Dutch oven or a flame-prrof casserole dish, heat oil over medium flame.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft (about 7 minutes).
- Add the bell pepper (capsicum) and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies are tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add spinach.
- Sprinkle salt and marjoram.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach wilts (about 4 minutes).
- Serve hot!
Colorful and delicious side dish with lots of flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe.