A savory meatless dish for a light lunch or dinner.
Make and share this Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach, stems removed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some of the tender green tops)
- 1 small zucchini, unpeeled and diced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook spinach in a small amount of water, covered, until wilted (about 3 minutes), tossing once with a fork.
- Chop spinach and squeeze dry.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick ovenproof medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini; stir/saute for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Put skillet in a 350° oven; bake for about 25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.