Recipe by Todd-Orange County
Spinach, Mushroom, and Chicken Risotto
Top Review by Erisbeck
This is definitely a family favorite in our home. I make a couple of small changes like cutting back on the chicken broth to 2 cups and replacing the 3rd cup with 1/2 cup white wine and 1/2 cup water. I also wait until my rice cooker is steaming (toward the end of the cook cycle) before I add the spinach so the spinach doesn't get overcooked. Thanks for the recipe!
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt (kosher or sea)
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 946.36 ml spinach, washed and dried thoroughly
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml superfino arborio medium grain rice
- 453.59 g mushroom, crimini, sauteed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add spinach, rice, and liquid to rice cooker bowl and turn to COOK mode.
- While the rice cooks, heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- Sauté chicken on all sides, until no longer pink in the center. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- When cooker switches to KEEP WARM, stir in chicken, mushrooms and cheese.
- Replace lid and let rice steam for another 5 minutes on KEEP WARM setting.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.