Recipe by Todd-Orange County
Spinach, Mushroom, and Chicken Risotto
Top Review by Erisbeck
This is definitely a family favorite in our home. I make a couple of small changes like cutting back on the chicken broth to 2 cups and replacing the 3rd cup with 1/2 cup white wine and 1/2 cup water. I also wait until my rice cooker is steaming (toward the end of the cook cycle) before I add the spinach so the spinach doesn't get overcooked. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt (kosher or sea)
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups spinach, washed and dried thoroughly
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup superfino arborio medium grain rice
- 1 lb mushroom, crimini, sauteed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add spinach, rice, and liquid to rice cooker bowl and turn to COOK mode.
- While the rice cooks, heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- Sauté chicken on all sides, until no longer pink in the center. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- When cooker switches to KEEP WARM, stir in chicken, mushrooms and cheese.
- Replace lid and let rice steam for another 5 minutes on KEEP WARM setting.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.